As I am in my last week of being 22.. I have a few things to share!
- Your mental state is hands down (in my opinion) the most important thing to spend time taking care of. (Aside from your relationship with God.) I am all over the place sometimes. This year losing friends + random situations I will keep offline kind of threw me for a loop, mentally. Let me just say, for the most part I'm a pretty happy person but I have really put in work on my mental health this year specifically. Its worth talking about. I don't like to talk about it all the time just because when I'm in a good place I don't like to talk about it, but its important.
- Never stop fighting for what you want. Don't settle until you get it.. and I don't mean on petty little things. I mean the things that are most important to you. Even if its hard. Its true ya know that cheesy saying "Nothing worth having comes easy."
- What/who you surround yourself with will affect you. Choose wisely.
- Family has always meant a lot to me, but this year I really realized they're my CORE. They're my go tos. The FIRST people I call. (Sarah, Tori & Kayla) are my absolute best friends even though they're family first.
- Sometimes the best things are kept private.. not hidden but not shown 24/7 and thats what makes them so special.
I have so much I could say but I dont wanna bore ya too much. If you're reading this thank you.
I hope if you get one thing from anything I post on here or instagram etc.. it's to live for YOU. Do what makes you happy. Be with who makes you happy. Follow God & follow your heart and you'll be okay.
I am not sure many people actually read this! Im actually not sure if anyone reads this..
but on the off chance someone out there is! Hi! How are you? If you want to know what I've been up to! Keep reading.. I have been filming/shooting non stop! I don't know why God has chosen to bless me with my dream job but somehow its working out and I hope it never ends!!
I have filmed almost 10 weddings in my first year of shooting weddings! I only started this year and since then the ball hasn't stoped rolling! From weddings to family shoots or engagement shoots, lifestyle shoots etc. Its been a dream come true to have my passion become my job. I prayed so hard for it everyday and somehow slowly its happening! If you haven't seen any of my work I post it mainly on my instagram in the "highlight" on my profile called "photography" & "videography" pretty simple! Of course some of my work is on here I just don't update it as much as I should!
I hope someone is reading this and if you take anything from it.. its DONT settle. I never did and some people, even family thought I was crazy & didn't believe I would go anywhere without college. Some still don't haha.. but here I am. Happy and doing just fine! :) Only getting better!!
(yes my post might not be 100% grammatically correct.. but you can read it right?) lol
Dont quit your day dreams! Love you all!
I'm here to tell you I used to compare myself to people ALL the time. Still do occasionally.
You know, we all have our moments.
Its hard out here with social media these days!
But it used to be all the time I would constantly compare myself to the classic instagram models of the world, people who took better photos, made better videos! and even my BEST friends! & I would start to think I was never enough, and that my work wasn't good enough! I would delete video after video! and let me tell you its EXHAUSTING. I just wanted to write this to tell you if you do this you're not alone!! in fact, I'm pretty sure almost everyone has done this.
ITS TIME TO STOP. I once read the best thing you have to offer is that you're you! & no one else is you.
PLS don't get stuck in thinking only Alexis ren is "goals" and you have to look that perfect all the time! EVERYONE has insecurities! like I was saying about my best friend I used to compare myself all the time bc any guy ever would be like omg she's so hot can you hook me up and Id get so discouraged! but you have to remember everyone has different taste and if they think your best friend is hotter YOU DIDNT NEED THAT BOY ANYWAYS. (s/o keaton, you babe) :,)
but speaking of keaton ask her I've gotten so much better! and I'm much happier when I'm focusing on my path not others. once you drop the daily comparison I promise you'll feel so much better!
BUT IT DOESN'T END THERE.
not only do I see so much comparison! I see everything becoming such a competition!
it sucks! I wish we could all just appreciate each others work!! SUPPORT EACH OTHER.
This world is tough enough. there are plenty of critics out there. If you see something someone is clearly passionate about SUPPORT THAT! RT their pics. rt their song covers! whatever it is, people we need each other. & if someone has the same passion AWESOME. not only one person can do one thing! do whatever you want to do! don't get jealous! GET MOTIVATED! GET INSPIRED. Go do your thing.
just a little late night thought! I hope you all had an amazing weekend!
I definitely did heres some photos :) ( I also did a photoshoot this weekend photos in the photography section if you wanna check that out )
I've been wanting to make a blog/website for the longest! I was always a little nervous cause we live in a very judgmental world lol...but I figured if I can make videos and post them on youtube I could definitely write an article or two online as well! SO this isn't just a blog! I don't promise a weekly post or anything YET! This is more, a website to show my videography/photography! & if you like it and you wanna shoot you can contact me!
I can't wait to make more posts, but this is it for now! Just the beginning!
xx - halle